1.15.2008

This is Science?

Big Brain Theory: Have Cosmologists Lost Theirs? - New York Times

In a nutshell, the probability of our whole world and all of us occurring is less likely than our brain(s) occurring by its(them)selves out in the universe. Not just our brains, but our consciousness, too. So, we might be creating our whole world (you are creating me, this blog written by me for you to read, American Idol (shudder), Masterpiece Theater for you to not watch and news about wars and natural disasters that aren't really happening) in our minds--these free floating brains. Man, try to make a movie out of that.

I'll admit it, when I first started reading the article I thought, huh, cosmetologists? These cosmologists don't do facials or mani-pedis. What they do is sit around and smoke pot and play the "what if" game with lots of fancy numbers. I mean, I don't doubt these folks are smarter than me, but I do wonder; what they are doing to benefit our world?

Perhaps they can answer my questions, such as what happens when two bubbles rub against each other. Is that how Medium can see dead people? Or where the Matrix is? What about the concept of a greater being? You know, Yaweh, an omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent being? What is the probability of that thing? Deep thoughts people. My head hurts.

No comments: