11.30.2007

Foodpairing - attempting to explain what we taste

FOODPAIRING
This is a fantastically interesting site that attempts to break down the flavors we taste in common foods to explain why certain combinations work--"foodpairing", or how we can substitute one food for a combination of others--"interchangeable." I love this kind of food science.

One of my favorite books is called Cookwise by Shirley Corriher, which dissects the science behind how cooking affects food, and then goes on to describe how to cook and combine different foods to get the desired texture, flavor and smells. This site is a tangent of the work in that book (not that they are related) just in my own head.

Because I love artichokes with an intensity and consistency that boggles my mind, here you have THE AMAZING ARTICHOKE:

No comments: